Monday, March 8, 2010

Perri Schneider's 1st Semester Projects



This was our first project, we were to make a wire sculpture that only stood on 3 parts. This was definitely challenging however I had a lot of fun with this project. I worked a lot with texture and space, using 3 different types of wire. One that was smooth, one that was galvanized and made up of many smaller wires, and one many very thin wires.




Our next project was based upon Fibonacci's numbers. This project also reminded me of the planets, which was very enjoyable for me. The materials I used were wire and cheese cloth. It was hard at times to cover the wire with the cheese cloth, but in the end I was very happy with the way it turned out.






This was our plaster condom project. At first I was a bit puzzled by the whole plaster in a condom idea, but this was definitely the most fun project. We spent a lot of time in the plaster room playing around with different shapes, and even making hollow shapes. There are 5 different pieces to this sculpture, and in the picture below you can see how it can be interchangeable.







For this project we had to play off the idea of sound. My sound was all the combined sounds of fall. I used wire, and tracing paper to imitate the sounds of rustling leaves freshly fallen from the trees. I used a lot of jewelry making techniques in this project, which were very familiar to me since it is my major. I even had a comment from a classmate who said they would wear the necklace out in public.


This project was based off of our class field trip to the Natural History Museum. I decided to the innerds of chameleon. With the color changing capabilities on the inside and the caging surface on the outside. I used cheese cloth, balsa wood, and wire to create this. Unfortunately it did not turn out exactly as I had planned it, but I am content with the final outcome of the project.


My chosen word for this project was infinity. I wanted to make a sculpture that seemed never ending and also giving a trickery effect to the eyes. I accomplished just that. I used many, many, many different colored straws and attached them to a wooden stick, which I then hung from the ceiling. I spun the whole sculpture as the class watched it, hopefully mesmerized.




No comments:

Post a Comment